Tuesday, January 19, 2016

A Free Zoo.....Whaaaat?


Okay, so weird title I know but as soon as we found out the location of our apartment we started Googling all the awesome fun things that were either free or that cost little. 


First thing first you have to pay for parking this is a new concept to me. 

I have heard, seen and knew that it existed but never had to do it. I know the small town gal. So we found out that the zoo was free! What wait a Free zoo, okay a little bit of the farm animals and maybe a couple bigger animals. That is what I was expecting. 

My husband had a day off and we decided the venture out and try to find it. So we got an our handy dandy GPS and it shows this huge zoo. 

89 acre park. 

Okay so maybe you can see the first few animals for free then have to pay for the rest.   
So we get to the park and it costs $10 to park, of course, but their are several people parking along side of the road. 
So we followed the other people and went and parked along side the road. I know if everyone else is doing you should not either. I do teach my kids not to follow everyone else. 
The signs say no parking Monday through Friday 8-3 due to bus parking. Okay that is awesome you might have to walk a little bit but you do not have to pay to park. 

Cool.
 Excited about that. Yes it does not take much. Lol. 

The Saint Louis Zoo looks huge. So we go in and this lady stops us, great it isn't free, she asks if we have ever been here before and gave a map. Wait a FREE map! I am all sorts of excited. Free Zoo, Free Map. 

Awesome!

So we walked around the zoo for 3 hours and still did not see it all. We had to come back. They have over 700 animals at this Free zoo. I know I keep repeating about the Free zoo.


 
This Hippo scared my daughter and myself we were sitting on the ledge looking the other way then the hippo came up behind us and made us jump and everyone else laugh!



 We all absolutely loved all the different types of birds!!!






Seriously Camels!!!



 Kangaroos, were everywhere. Almost every time I go to the zoo all the animals are sleeping.
  








 Free does not usually happen anymore. A family of 6 on a budget so we have to be frugal. 
I would like to Thank the Saint Louis Zoo for all the wonderful animals they have and all the wonderfulness of enjoying it for FREE!


Some of the websites i used to research all this was: www.stlzoo.org,
www.explorestlouis.com, and the wonderful ladies at the Welcome Center they were a blessing and loved the kids when they were in there. 
https://www.visitmo.com/st-louis-official-missouri-welcome-center.aspx

2 comments:

  1. I heard it was a great zoo but have not been there myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is absolutely amazing. We will definitely be going back even If we do not stay in Saint Louis!

      Delete